Monday, January 2, 2012

attempted

After my post yesterday, I felt heavy guilt for several hours until I finally got a piece of paper and a pen and scribbled down some goals for the year.  At first I honestly just wrote whatever, with little commitment in my head.  and then I scribbled some.

no, literally, I have little scribbled patterns all over the paper... :)

I listed a few under physical, spiritual, and financial, with only family left that I'd like to set goals.  Then I went back and scratched out and revised with more honest intentions.

The guilt finally died down after I finished putting a little more meaning into it.

There is just so much awry right now that I'm overwhelmed and not in the mood to set goals I perceive I will fail at.  Pessimism at it's best.

Today I ran across a guest post on www.moneysavingmom.com and I was encouraged by the first part of the post.  Then she started talking about budgets and personally lost the momentum she had going.  This paragraph caught my attention:

"Amidst the meal planning, dishes, work schedules, cleaning up of spills, errands, and laundry, we are real women with real needs–spiritually, physically, and emotionally. If these areas are being neglected in our lives, it affects us as woman and those around us."


How true... and then I realized, if I don't take the time to put the EFFORT into planning for these areas in my life, then it will never happen.  It will get looked over and ignored, and I will find myself where I am now: exhausted, behind, overwhelmed, discouraged, and lacking in joy.  (i can't figure out why this highlighted or how to remove it.  oh well.. )


So I need to revisit my scribble marked goal sheet and make it a little more meaningful so the results are seen soon and encouraging.

We'll see...



2 comments:

  1. Awww, Amy. Hugs to you. I understand not wanting to set goals that you think you might fail. But, like you said, you need to put the effort there. AND if you share some of your goals then your friends can encourage you in those areas. You can do it with Christ's help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a little like my blog post! :) Hang in there friend. The Holy Spirit isn't through with us yet!

    ReplyDelete