Thursday, February 24, 2011

Owl Love

Do you like the new look??

I LOVE it!!

Thank you to Marissa @ http://wherewearefornow.blogspot.com/ for creating my background and header for me!!

I don't know how she did it, but she nailed me perfectly with so many aspects!

She doesn't realize it, I'm sure, but everything she created describes something about me... and I only gave her a little bit of info on what I would like for my blog.

Because I have nothing else on my brain at the moment (blogworthy anyway), I'm going to share how the design depicts me. :)

Green is my FAVORITE color.  Any shade.  I don't know why, but it always has been.

Black/Gray is perfect because I am not a 'lively bright' colors person.  Darker, bolder colors are my favorite, which is more of who I am, but with the bright lime green it reminds me that I do have a fun side. ;)

The polka dots I love because it characterizes the FUN in my life.  I like to play with my kiddos, be creative, act immature at times, and see the fun in life.

The stripes on the header I see as the 'business' side of me.  I was a teacher for 7 years (thought the polka dots probably describe that better than the stripes!) ;), an office clerk for a year, and now a Tastefully Simple Consultant (which I will have a link on here as soon as I get to it!).  I CAN BE professional when I need to be. ;)

The black ovals and swirls represent two things to me:  a pretty, feminine accent, and an antique accent.  I have always been a tomboy.  Hands down.  It's my preference.  BUT I can dress up, wear makeup, do my hair (in other than a ponytail), and be femininely pretty. :)  I like how it's in the background because that's where it is in my life.  It's there, hidden inside, and comes out every so often.

The antique part I LOVE because I thoroughly enjoy antique things.  I love history, but I also love listening to stories of days gone by, what it was like for my 83 year old great aunt when she was a child, memories and stories of not-so-famous people and their lives.  I love antique furniture and will stare at it and imagine the stories it could tell.  Life was simple a hundred years ago... Harder, but simple.

And then there's the owl.  The past few months I have just fallen in love with owls.  No clue as to why.  My aunt that passed away last spring was a huge owl lover, so maybe she left me her love of cooking AND her love of owls. :)  At the time I told Marissa I loved the owls, I didn't even think about how 'wise and witty' owls are, until I saw the adorable one perched beside my blog title. :)  PERFECT.

I still have to mess with the font colors and such, and after spending time on it this morning I still cannot decide except for the white print...  suggestions welcome! ;)

I'm sure no one has ever over-analyzed their blogger design like this before.  :)  Well, that's another aspect about me. ;)

I guess in being a wife and mommy of 3 precious little ones, I often lose myself, and it's nice when I find a little bit of me again.

Thank you, Marissa.  I smile whenever I see my blog. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors, love the owl, and the branch has a bit of an asian feel to it. (I can find asian in anything.)

    Great job, Marissa. :)

    ReplyDelete