Wednesday, November 9, 2011

unfinished

I've sat down every night this week and started a blog post.

Notice I said started...

I have the desire to write, and thoughts I want to write, yet once I get going my brain fogs up and I end up making very little sense.

Same thing tonight... I sat down to write, started something, and quit.  Too much on my mind and too much in my heart to figure out.

Then as I continued sitting here, petting the cat that stands in front of my computer screen each evening, and lamenting over projects I should be working on and yet don't feel like it, I realized something:  I am not a finisher.

I am GREAT at coming up with ideas, MOTIVATED to start said ideas, EXCITED when things get going, and then... somewhere along the way I get lost.

Usually it's right about the time when I'm not sure what to do next, or overwhelmed because I don't really know what I'm doing, or distracted for the fifteenth time by 'I'm hungry again' or other childhood ailment that can't wait a few minutes longer.

Sometimes I feel like my house should be on Hoarders (okay, not THAT bad, but sometimes it feels that way!), and I want them to go through all the clutter in my house, and the house itself and count how many unfinished projects I have.  

Sad.

I really wish God would make me a finisher.  I mean, if He's giving me ideas, motivating me to start, then WHY can't He make me finish it?  I guess a better word is why can't He ENCOURAGE me to finish it. 

No clue how to change this yet.  

BUT I will start learning how to be a finisher tonight, by ending this post and actually putting it on my blog. :)

...hey,  ya gotta start somewhere, right? ;)




1 comment:

  1. I am soooo not a finisher either. But hey, I figure the world needs idea people too. :)

    ReplyDelete