Thursday, March 1, 2012

Casting Imaginations Part 1

I am not a tattoo kind of person.  I've never really wanted one... well, kinda.  The bug hit me once a few years ago when it first became 'popular' in the Christian circle, but hubby said no way.  After begging him for about 4 years, he finally gave in and said yes.  Then I decided I didn't want one.

Yeah.  I'm like that. ;)

I have nothing against those who have tattoos either.  Hey, it's not my body, so who am I to say what they should or shouldn't do.  

Except those tacky, nasty, looks like homemade, tattoos.  just. say. no.

Tattoos carry a certain stigma with them.  The more you have, the 'badder' you are.  Or the more rebellious.  Or the more 'insert anything here that doesn't go with normal society'.  

whatever normal is.

I believe it's starting to change in the minds of the younger Christian generation (Christians seem to be the ones to have the most issues with it).  It's nice to see, and I love when a tattoo covered person proves to be more 'righteous' than the other.

My sister has a sweet friend by the name of Rachael.  When I thought of tattoos, she popped into my head first. I met her the day of my sister's wedding, a fellow bridesmaid.  Our dresses were strapless and personally, I thought she would look the best of us (not counting the bride of course!). :)



The other bridesmaids were making snide remarks behind her back concerning her appearance.  Not a surprise.  Not a surprise because of Rachael, but because these other girls weren't the 'nicest'.  I immediately befriended her, and learned she is THE SWEETEST thing in the world.  I fell in love with her and who she was.

 Here's a pic of MY fav tattoo she has. :)  I just love it. :)



She posts a lot on fb about how others see her appearance and judge her simply by that.  It breaks my heart, because if they talked to her for 2 seconds, they'd realize how amazing she is.  Not only is she sweet, but she is one of the hardest workers in her generation that I know of.  I don't think it really bothers her though.  She doesn't judge others and knows that those who do aren't worth wasting your time on.

OF COURSE I had to post a pic of her owl tattoo!! :)  it goes right with my blog. :)



I love her tattoos.  I tend to be the 'weird' person who actually stares and reads tattoos on people.  I like to see the art and professionalism and personality in them.  A part of who they are on the inside being displayed on the outside.  When people realize I'm not staring to be rude, they light up and enjoy sharing about the tattoo they chose to mark their bodies with forever.  (once again, not talking about the tacky, tasteless ones).

It's a personal decision.  When they're chosen, it's a constant reminder to that person of the reason they chose that specific design.  It's a reminder to focus on what is important to them.

A reminder to place their thoughts on a positive instead of a negative...


2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I recently accompanied someone to get a tattoo and was just blown away by how awesome the artists were. They had stacks of books of pictures of tattoos they had done, and while most of them were a bit macabre and dark, I couldn't argue with how talented the artists were. I kinda want one, but only if it means something to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing I have seen someone write about my RaeRae. She is absolutely adorable and I can say that since I am her mom. She has even won over her grandpa which is an awesome achievement.

    ReplyDelete