Thursday, June 24, 2010

and the purpose of this is...

....to attempt to better myself and my life.  i think...

i've had an 'anonymous' blog for YEARS.  anonymous simply because i don't want the people who know me to really know me.  i'm sure it's a mixture of shame and pride, both things i need to work on.

by the way, you'll notice my lack of capitals, sometimes lack of punctuation, and scatterbrained skipping.  i hope it doesn't annoy you.  and if it does, oh well... 

don't misunderstand me: i am a grammar nut (yay for diagramming!), a capital/use of punctuation stickler, and the worst, a spelling nazi (okay, that's the ONE thing i don't give up).  but the reason i don't often bother with them on the computer is simple: this is MY laid back world.  

that and the fact that my time to write is so limited that it's faster without them. :)

i've still not publicized my introduction to sharing my mind.  still not too sure about it.  but i want to make better friendships, and being transparent is part of that.  i just worry because my transparency seem quite clouded next to the rest of the mostly-put-together world.

and i never know what i'm going to say.  i don't want to put 'guidelines' on this because i want to speak and share what's on my mind. but sometimes that's a bit scary. :)  i don't think the way most people think, i don't function the way most people function......and that sometimes frustrates me and others around me.

but i love to write.  i always have.  i'm not as great as some others and not as good as i used to be, but i always seem to have a lot to say...  at least on the computer...

i rarely have anything to say if you talk to me in person.  people scare me.  and not the scary people, the normal people.  even the people i've known for years.  i've gotten a LOT better in the past two years, but still have a long way to go.  so if you attempt to talk to me and my response is short (and i disappear quickly), don't take it personally.  :)

i love reading all the 'helper' blogs.  you know, the ones that tell you which coupons are awesome, how to save money, healthy living, incredible recipes, and of course written by the 'best' stay at home moms on the planet.  so i thought, 'hmm, wonder what i could contribute to the blogging world?'

then i get up from the computer to get my 2 year old off the kitchen counters and trip over the ever multiplying toys (despite us never buying any) in the disastrous playroom/computer room/junk room (that is a big as some of my friends' bathrooms!), kick over the dog's water dish (that's half empty from my daughter drinking it), and walk across my barely-any-left laminate kitchen floor.

go ahead and laugh. :)  it's true.  and it's funny...both sad funny and funny funny. :)

and then it came to me!!  i was just going to write a 'real' stay at home mom's blog.  i would dare say that the majority of stay at home moms are as perfect as those blogs i've discovered.  life isn't always roses, the kids aren't always happy and obedient, the house isn't always clean, the yard isn't always mowed, and supper isn't always 'almost ready'.

if you want to join me on my imperfect stay at home life, then please keep coming back.  i can't always guarantee a laugh, but in this house, you never know. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment