Saturday, June 26, 2010

for lack of many things

one of the reasons it took so long for me to make a {hopefully} public-to-my-friends blog is because of the title.

no, seriously...

it seemed that every witty, cutesy, intelligent blog title i could come up with (which wasn't many) were already taken.  and it FRUSTRATED me to no end!! have i really lost my way with words??  hence the title you now see at the top...

lately i've realized that my intelligence is severely out of practice.  i used to pride myself on knowing facts, knowing how to do anything and everything (and teaching myself if i didn't), and knowing up to date information on the world.

it doesn't take that many brain cells to do the laundry, load the dishwasher, vacuum the floors, clean the windows...  and when that's the majority of every single day, my brain has turned to semi-mush.

thankfully raising children does require usage of the brain, although it's usually foggy and tired at the time.  i love being creative in teaching my kids, in disciplining (which my daughter requires a LOT of creativity in this area), and even in feeding them (hey, a dinosaur pb & j is SO much more fun!). :)

but i still feel behind when talking to adults.  i'm not caught up on the latest... well, anything.  i'm just happy i at least know who the president IS.

one reason i wanted to make a more public blog is to increase my intelligence outside of the 3 year old level.  i want to be able to speak (write) like and adult about adult things.  of course my adult conversations usually revolve around potty training, nursing, preschool, etc, but i can always learn more in those areas too.  at least i get to use bigger words. :)

i've also been missing friendships lately.  the 'real' kind.  not just the 'see-you-every-sunday-and-say-hi' kind.  i've been attempting to make closer friendships lately, and i know that's a start, and i'm hoping by sharing on this blog i'll be brave enough to let myself step right out there.

but that's a blog post for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment