Saturday, January 8, 2011

more words than i know what to do with

I have a TON in my head that I want to blog about.

Getting those thoughts organized and separated enough to be written is a process I've been finding very difficult lately.

But I have a heavy heart today so I write.  Writing always lifts my spirits.

Since it is January, I figured this post could be about my goals for 2011.  Notice I didn't say New Year's Resolutions.  I hate that term.  It might as well say 'Huge Ideas you Want to Do but Never Will.'

No offense to those who use the term and believe in it.  I just think if I'm going to change something in my life, I'm not gonna wait til Jan. 1 to do so, and/or only do so because it's the popular time to change.

I think it's just because of the stubborn and rebellious streak I have. ;)

BUT I did sit down and write out goals for the year.  Feasible, reachable goals, that do require effort, but not overwhelming and setting up for failure.

Okay, here goes.  I think I'll make a new blogpost about each one, which will help my goal of blogging more. ;)  ha. and these aren't in any particular order.  just from what I could remember, then I had to go find my written list to put the rest.  :P  not sure if that's a good sign or not. ;)

1.  Lose weight.
2.  Spend time sewing every Sat and Sun
3.  Have two yard sales (spring and end of summer)
4.  Build a box garden
5.  Grow things in the box garden
6.  Go to Small Groups
7.  More consistent personal devotions
8.  Family devotions
9.  Follow an organized daily cleaning plan (weekly/monthly as well)
10.  Get up an hour earlier

Those are the big basic goals.  I have a few other 'smaller' personal goals, and Bryan and I have some financial goals and 'couple' goals, but none of those are necessary for public reading. :)

So we'll see.  Maybe now that they're on here, I can be kept more accountable!  Feel free to ask how I'm doing with any of these things at any time.  It will be good for me! (although possibly not enjoyable) ;)

alright 2011, let's see what you've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment