Saturday, January 8, 2011

you want to me to fit into THAT?

My sister is getting married this year.

I am SUPER excited for her.  She has finally found a great guy (the first boyfriend she's had that I've liked) and he treats her like a princess.  He is in the Air Force and although I will not like having her move far away (and even farther away later on), I am happy for the life she and my nephew will be getting.

Because of being in the military, Josh could be deployed at any time.  The original wedding date was in June, then due to a possible deployment it was moved back to the fall.  Then possible deployment changed again and now the wedding is set to April 1st.  For sure. :)

Anyway, a few months ago after the engagement, my sister showed me this super cute dress she wanted her bridesmaids to wear:

Um, wait a second, *I'M* one of the bridesmaids.

You think I can fit into that?!  (well, and not gross everyone out!)  I was just a few months postpartum, failing miserably to lose the weight this time (I think baby #3 just kills your body for good), and yet in a year I'm supposed to look 'cute' in that?

And then it got moved to April (at the end of December).

Ha.  Hahaha.  Riiiight.

and yes, I KNOW the wedding is not about me.  I know my sister is going to look amazing in her dress (if she ever picks one out) and that SHE is the star that day!  But I don't want to distract from her by being the giant brown and white whale taking up most of the left side of the bridal party.

But I needed to lose weight anyway, not because I need to look cute in this dress but so I don't DIE.  I got out of the 'morbidly obese' category before I got pregnant with #3, but after the major weight gain, I'm right back there.  The doctors say my heart is super healthy and I'm in great condition except for my weight.

Really?

You don't tell a fat person they're completely healthy while they're overweight because then they'll NEVER see the need to lose weight!  And the extra weight can take a healthy person down to a dead person in as little as a year.

So, I found a friend who loves to workout and loves to train people and I asked her to help me.  To be my 'Jillian' so to speak.  To push me and beat me and help me get to where I needed to be.  Or at least to help me not make people puke at the wedding. :P

I started meeting with my 'trainer' this week and oh boy... she is TOUGH!  of course I'm super weak and out of shape, but she pushed and encouraged and I am determined to get there.  Determined to lose weight and get into shape and look CUTE in that dress and dance the wedding night away with my hubby! :)

I'm actually enjoying working out again.  I haven't done so since right after getting pregnant with #3 (like a year and a half ago?).  I took all my measurements and I'm actually looking forward to checking them tomorrow after this first week.  I do plan on making a short post on what pounds and inches I've lost each week too, just to help myself track it.

I'm also enjoying eating healthier.  It is VERY difficult to eat healthy when you can't spend a lot on groceries, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE.  I love to cook, and this week instead of shoving down whatever I can whenever I can, I've made time for ME to fix and eat a healthy lunch (that's the meal that gets turned into speed and junk).  I've made sure and tripled my veggie intake and add a fruit intake (NOT a fruit eater).  I've watched my portions, which you can do even on the less healthy meals and still lose weight.  I've made it a point to drink enough water and cross it off a list to keep track of it.

It isn't easy.  It takes major discipline.  For me, going to the gym and working out is the 'easiest' part.  It's when I'm at home and super busy and pulled in many directions at once and 'me' is always on the bottom of the pile that is the most difficult.  It takes MUCH more discipline to watch my eating, to stop and drink more water, to not pop anything in my mouth just to keep going.

But I'm determined.  I'm not going to give up!

and even if I try to quit, I'm pretty sure my 'Jillian' would beat me worse. ;)

My HUGE (no pun intended) goal is to be down 50 lbs by April 1st.  That's 83 days from today.  I know it's improbable, but it's not impossible.  I like tough challenges so we'll see.  Even if I fail by 10 or 15lbs, that's still a lot of weight off my body! :)  But I would LOVE to hit that 50!

Encouragement needed and accepted at anytime on here or fb (or in person/text/phone)!  I'm not an easily offended person, but definitely not offended with talk of my weight. :)

Now to get dressed and head to the gym... yes, on a Saturday...

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment