Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weight Loss Week 2 Update

Here's a recap of my activity and eating as well as my changes in weight and inches.

Activity:
Mon. Tues. ~ Worked out at gym for 1 - 1 1/2 hours each day, mixture of weight training and cardio.
Wed. Thurs. Fri. Sat. ~ 30-45 minutes of cardio

I overdid the weight training on Monday and was super sore through Friday, plus I injured my left quad.  Due to my soreness/pain and my trainer being sick, the majority of the week was cardio.  BUT at least I did something! :)

Eating:
Breakfast consisted of one serving of oatmeal each day.
Snack was one boiled egg AFTER workouts (for protein and Vitamin B boosts)
Lunch  tuna wrap (tuna, light mayo, seasoning, shredded cheese, lettuce, whole wheat wrap) or a roasted chicken breast topped with pepperjack cheese and sauteed mushrooms and onions or a black bean, cilantro, avocado wrap.  Fresh veggies were added as a side each day.
Snack was an apple or a string cheese.
Dinner was nothing out of the ordinary.  I usually cook as healthy as possible with what we have.  This week I struggled with portion sizes.  I was a LOT hungrier than last week, perhaps because my metabolism was up?  There were a couple times when I found myself grabbing whatever between meals/snacks, so this week I want to be prepared with extra healthy snacks.
Dessert was occasional.  
Drinks were 6-8 BOTTLES of water a day, as well as one cup of milk (and of course my 2 cups of joe in the morning).  One evening I shared a pop with my hubby.

Measurements:
Weight~ LOST 2 lbs (which would be discouraging, except I know I've gained muscle!)
Arms~ Left-lost 1/2 inch Right-lost 1 inch
Chest~ LOST 1/2 inch
Waist~ LOST 2 inches
Hips~ LOST 1 inch
Thighs~ LOST 1/2 inch (each)
Calves~ Left-gained 1/2 inch Right-stayed the same  Calves are very sore today due to an hour of step yesterday.

TOTALS:
Weight~ 7lbs
Arms~ 1 1/2 inches (total)
Chest~ 1 inch
Waist~ 4 inches (FOUR!)
Hips~ 2 inches
Thighs~ 3 inches (total)
Calves~{gained} 1/2 inch

Considering it was a very tough week for me, I am happy with this!  Looking forward to doing it again this week, and being careful NOT to overdo it! that was not fun at all! :P

I plan on copying/pasting this form each Sunday.  I know it's basic, but simple = doable!

Want to join me?  Create your own, or copy mine, and let's lose weight together! :)  Leave me a comment with your health goals (or link to your blog) and I will encourage you in your journey as well!

"Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do ALL to the glory of God!" I Cor. 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment