Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weight Loss Week 8 Update

This won't take long... ha.

No working out with my trainer all week AGAIN.  blah.  {don't worry, finally got back today... she kicked my rear.  actually my arms and abs... but everything pretty much hurts and is tired...}

I did buy a Brita Water Pitcher last week and I am back to drinking filtered tap water... so nice.  I DO NOT want to know what is in our water...  I was told about ten years ago, but I don't remember.  Good thing.

I also tweaked my eating (for the 3rd time).  I cut out almost all carbs.  Not all, just almost all. Definitely got rid of as much refined sugar as possible, along with HFCS (once again, not all, but as much as possible).  I reserved my carbs that I did eat for times when I was going to burn more energy.

I was able to find some great deals on some organic meats and products, and enjoyed incorporating those into our meals.  I couldn't believe how much BETTER I felt about SERVING organic, non-processed, whole foods to my family...  I wish I could do it all the time!  Perhaps someday when teachers are paid what they are worth! ;)

I increased my fruits and veggies as I cut back on carbs.  This allowed me to not feel hungry and not add more calories.

I only weighed myself on Sunday for the week and didn't do measurements.  Because I did not do formal workouts, I knew I didn't tighten any muscles, so my measurements would be minuscule if any.

I did lose 2 pounds this week,  making my total 13 lbs.  :)  Less than I had wanted by this point, but still 13 pounds less than 8 weeks ago!

Plans with my trainer this week include today and Thursday.  Wednesday and Friday will be cardio (on my own).  That's the plan... and with 3 small children it can change any second (and thirty times before then!).

Getting my focus back... :)

1 comment:

  1. me too.. focus has been lost in many areas... lack of discipline on my end. praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete